Re: CU-SeeMe equivalent of _TV Guide_?

John Balogh (JohnBalogh@psu.edu)
Sat, 01 Apr 1995 20:51:38 -0500

>At 15:34 3/27/95, Preston Holmes wrote:
>>People could just fill in forms when they have an event and look at or
>>query the database ala tvnet.com for TV listings.

To which Michael Sattler replied:
>This is called doing things the hard way. If one can go through filling
>out a web form one can send a short e-mail message to the events list.

And I'll comment:

The web form could spawn a pre-formatted announcement to the events list.
That way we provide list-based notification for those who know about the
list and W3 links for those who just "surf the 'net" when looking for new
stuff to check out. Wider coverage for the same (or less?) amount of user
work.

I think that the increased coverage is of more benefit to the CU-SeeMe
community also.

$0.02

John Balogh <JohnBalogh@psu.edu>