Re: rumor or truth - Quick Cam digitizes raw video?

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 23:13:49 -0700

At 22:38 4/4/95, Tom Edwards wrote:
>Q1: Tonight while lurking, someone told me that the QuickCam does have a
>video input for digitizing. Is this true? I thought it only worked as a
>camera. Perhaps they meant that you didn't need an extra digitizer.

It has no internal digitizer, it outputs digital directly from the CCD. It
has no inputs at all.

>Q2: I'm looking at getting a Power Mac 6100/66 AV if the answer to
>question 1 is no. Does CU-SeeMe still have a contrast problem working
>with Power Macs?

The problem has been attacked via software. Connectix has been aware of
some people's problems and has worked with specific people on getting them
happy.

Where do these people come from? Is there an agency out there that |
reads the Net and says "oops, not enough morons on this newsgroup" |
and then assigns some slack-jawed inbred grit-eatin' stooge |
to gum up the works?" -- Jim Cowling |