Can't see the granddaughter...

David Watson (dwatson@metz.une.edu.au)
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 12:33:11 +1000

You wrote...
>Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 14:53:08 +0000
>From: jackmd@cinenet.net ( Jack Kriegsman, M.D.)
>To: cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu
>Subject: difficulties
>
>I am quite disturbed because my grand daughter and I am unable to send and
>receive live video with version .68k0.80B2. The video picture that I am
>receiving is always broken up into squares that do not contain the entire
>picture. Ther are also many partial picture overlaps. Can you suggest a
>remedy for my inability to use the program successfully. Both parties have
>a Mac Quadra 840AV and both have a Supramodem 288. We are both using the
>same version of CU-SeeMee. Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Try some of these.... to fix your problem posted to the list...

1. Reduce the maximum transmission speed to minimum eg. 10kps --- ditto
frames per second.
2. Use the the deltamod for sound..16kbs..
3. The supra modems default to 14.4 if lines are dodgy etc... so you may
have a 28.8 modem but are only transmitting at 14.4. Check the modem is
actually transmitting and receiving at the higher speed. Get ISDN if you
4. Set the audio sampling to 100ms.
5. Connect directly to your granddaughter rather than going through a
reflector..
6. Pause the picture before talking.. or use the talk window to type messages.

Hope these suggestions help.

David Watson School of Health
Lecturer University of New England
Email: dwatson@metz.une.edu.au Armidale, NSW Australia 2351