Re: Powerbook Problem with CU See Me

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 07:53:13 -0700

At 1:08 AM 4/19/95, cfa@intac.com wrote:
>I have been using a Powerbook 180, which is a 68030/33 processor with a US
>Robotics 28,800 Sportster (PC Version with Mac cable using PPP) on CU See
>Me and although I get images and sound, the sound is really broken up. If
>I freeze the video, I am able to talk to others and hear them broken up but
>more legible. Sometimes I can hear audio perfectly clear for about 3
>seconds then the Powerbook seems to choke up with a high pitched whine and
>then more broken audio. Is there anything that can be done to fix this
>situation?

Having been the proud owner of several PowerBooks, I can tell you that I've
experienced the same things until I hooked up to a 128 kbps ISDN line -
then all of a sudden audio was joyous to hear.

Oh, and by the way, there's no difference between the Mac and PC versions
of that modem, it's just the cable and accompanying software that differ.

The only known cure for [Make Money Fast] is mass infusion of clues. |
Unfortunately, the clue refinement process is hideously expensive, and |
even then, the treatment is not 100% effective; for reasons that |
continue to baffle researchers, some individuals appear to be |
impervious to these injections. -- Taki Kogoma <quirk@unm.edu> |