pctcpapi.dll

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Wed, 19 Apr 1995 15:05:16 -0400

Frank,
PCTCPAPI.DLL is undoubtedly part of the PCTCP package from FTP software.
You should check the distribution media and put this in the path. Or,
use the File Manager to search for it and make sure it gets into the path.
Yes, just insert your local host name and IP address into the HOSTS file
which needs to be in the path.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: 17 Apr 95 15:14:00 -5004
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: Frank.B.Leppla@jpl.nasa.gov
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: HELP - PCTCPAPI.DLL Missing

I am trying to run CuSeeMe on an IBM 486 PC clone with Windows 3.1 and a direct
Ethernet connection. The software appears to start but exits with an error
message of "PCTCPAPI.DLL missing". What is the DLL that is missing? Is
PCTCPAPI.DLL a specific name of some file of something to indicate that some
TCP/application dll is missing? Where can I get a copy? - preferably via ftp.

What do I have to do with the hosts file? My guess is set up an IP address of
something like xxx.xx.xx.xxx with a "name" of some kind. Do I just intermingle
it with the other hosts in the file? Is there any special format?

I would like to get this software running in at least the receive mode and then
explore the possibility of transmit.

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Please email responses.

- --JPLxxxccMailxxxSMTPxxxID25152gc46x--

------- End of Forwarded Message