Re: Annoying LInes on Video with QuickCam

Peter Burgstaller (peter@cosy.sbg.ac.at)
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 08:53:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 1995, Steve Bernstein wrote:

> I'm having a problem that seems specific to CU-SeeMe's video. I've
> installed the QuickCam on someone's PowerBook 540 with 20MB RAM. The
> QuickMovie application looks great. When I bring up CU-SeeMe, I get black
> lines filtering through the local video, even before a connection is made.
> When a connection is made, there's no change on the local video (still get
> the lines), but the remote video looks great.

I'm running a PB520 with 8 MB RAM and experience the same problem. However
I think it is related to the environmental lumination since some times
I get a really nice picture .. and the other time I have lines, big
brightness differences etc.

- Peter
| Peter Burgstaller| Student of Computerscience |
| (peter@cosy.sbg.ac.at)| in Salzburg, Austria (Europe) |
| "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish" (Douglas Adams) |