LAN Workplace for DOS

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:50:18 -0400

Windows Users:

A LAN WorkPlace for DOS user has gotten CU-SeeMe to work. See Below. This
may help any of the many LWP users who has tried and failed in the past.

-Rich Kennerly - PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer. <rbk1@cornell.edu>

>From: DGFMC@jazz.ucc.uno.edu
>Date: 20 Apr 1995 12:53:46 -0600 (CST)
>Subject: Re: LWP
>To: rbk1@cornell.edu (Richard B Kennerly)
>
>Hi Rich,

>You responded:
>((LAN Workplace for DOS does not work with CU-SeeMe for a lot of people. No one
has figured out why yet. If we or someone does I'll post to the list. I've
also added your name to a list of individuals to notify of this.))

>I just got it to work. Had to set BUFFERS=20 or below in config.sys. Not good
news for my other applications, but there it is.

>Now another question: The only address I've got to try out the program is a TV
station in Oklahoma City. Of course inundated, and I keep getting "maximum
number of users exceeded". Are there any other addresses I can connect to
to ensure the program works?