Re: Annoying LInes on Video with QuickCam

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:12:33 -0700

At 7:42 AM 4/20/95, Steve Bernstein wrote:

>>>I'm having a problem that seems specific to CU-SeeMe's video. I've
>>>installed the QuickCam on someone's PowerBook 540 with 20MB RAM. The
>>>QuickMovie application looks great. When I bring up CU-SeeMe, I get black
>>>lines filtering through the local video, even before a connection is made.
>>
>>You yourself said it best here - you're having a problem with the QuickCam,
>>not with CU-SeeMe. It sounds like your PB doesn't have enough juice for
>>the camera, a known bug. Check my web pages for info about this and/or
>>contact quickcam@connectix.com.
>>
>Thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it's a camera problem because
>(1) I tried swapping the camera with a new one and still have the problem;
>and (2) because the Connectix QuickMovie program looks great -- it's only
>CU-SeeMe. As far as the Mac, I've installed it on other Mac 540's without
>any problem (this one also has more memory than others I've set up). I do
>appreciate any other advice you might have. Thanks!

It sounds as though *that* PB doesn't have enough juice. This is a known
bug. Contact quickcam@connectix.com.

The only known cure for [Make Money Fast] is mass infusion of clues. |
Unfortunately, the clue refinement process is hideously expensive, and |
even then, the treatment is not 100% effective; for reasons that |
continue to baffle researchers, some individuals appear to be |
impervious to these injections. -- Taki Kogoma <quirk@unm.edu> |