"Task CUSEEME(4E0F) did not call WSACleanup."

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 11:04:26 -0400

Paul,
WSACleanup is a function that winsock applications must call when they
exit. When CU-SeeMe crashes it does not get to run all its "cleanup" code
in an orderly manner. I did move this function to the WM_DESTROY section
of the newly added hidden 'network' window procedure in the hopes that
WINDOWS will at least 'destroy' windows before a crash like this and the
WSACLeanup call will be made. This will be in the 0.65 version.
I think that, for now, you'll have to restart windows to 'cleanup'.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 1995 06:46:37 -0700
From: phenry@primenet.com (Paul Henry)
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Error message???

Does anyone have any idea what this error message means? It appears in my
Winsock login file after CU-SeeMe has crashed with overrun errors.

"Task CUSEEME(4E0F) did not call WSACleanup."

What is a "WSACleanup"? I'm guessing it might be Windsock Application
Cleanup and maybe it's telling me that CUSEEME didn't shut down properly. Am
I close? If so, how does one "cleanup"?

Puzzled.

Thanks for any help.

Paul Henry