Re: videophone demo and QuickCam audio

Geoff Rehn (rehn@CLEO.MURDOCH.EDU.AU)
Sun, 23 Apr 1995 08:28:26 +0800

At 12:53 PM 4/22/95, Adam Arrowood wrote:

Re: videophone demo

>[commentary]

>and they don't seem to fix the
>QuickCam audio input problem either... sigh...

I probably have missed previous discussion on this QuickCam audio, but I
have always assumed that it was more efficient NOT to use the QuikCam audio
but the built-in mike, so as not to put increased load on the data input
rate. In recording QT videos, in the QuickCam manual, they indicate faster
frame rates can be got by NOT using the QuickCam audio. I simply
extrapolated this to the CU-SeeMe situation.

So I removed (disabled) the QuickCam Audio extension and use the built in
mike. I don't seem to have any problems with that.

Geoff R.

--
Geoff Rehn
Lecturer, Educational Technology