Re: Brief message on CUSeeMe

Hugh Anderson (h_anders@ee.cit.ac.nz)
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 14:46:59 +1200 (GMT+1200)

On Sun, 23 Apr 1995, Ray Crane wrote:

> I think the problem is just that the PC-Windows version was written as
> kind of an afterthought, well after developement of the Mac version was
> underway. I think that if development had started on the PC platform in
> the beginning and then they decided to make a Mac version, things would be
> just the opposite that they are now - The PC version would be working peachy
> and people would be having a hell of a time with the Mac version. I don't
> know, just my opinion....

I've done ports both ways, and give me a MAC every time! The documentation
for Windows Apps always ends up something like....

Ensure that you have installed version 2.134 of .. put 40 TLAs (3 letter
acronyms) here......

The documentation for the MAC ends up like....

Ensure that the computer is switched ON....

To be fair, the range of hardware is much larger on the Windows boxes -
On the ports I've done, the complexity of dealing with muliple video/
sound cards contributed to the difficulties we had.

cheers Hugh

| Hugh Anderson EMAIL: hugh@ee.cit.ac.nz |
| CIT Heretaunga, NZ URL: http://www.ee.cit.ac.nz/~h_anders/ |