Re: Right Button

W. John Guineau (guineau@nature.MV.COM)
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 17:32:26 +0000

> guineau@nature.MV.COM said:
>
> >If you like the right mouse button pop-up menu feature, please say so and post
> >to the CU-SeeMe mailing list. I think it is way-cool, but this feature is a
> >small departure from the Mac program.
>
> It's a big departure, given that Mac mice only have one button :-) Right
> button, left button, it's all the same.

I guess I should have stated that I was replying relative to the PC
version of CU-SeeMe (although my reference to Windows 95 should
have given that away :) ).

I short, the MAC version should follow MAC UI guidelines. The PC
should follow Windows guidelines. Windows guidlines as of Windows 95
designate the use of the right mouse button for quick or 'short cut' menus
one item of which is most often 'Properties'. I believe that the
various window properties for a video window belong here. No sense
eating up screen realestate with a menu bar when a right click will
pop up a menu/dialog with what you need.

john

--
W. John Guineau                     guineau@nature.mv.com
Brookline, NH                       % grep meaning life | more