Re: Right Button

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 13:35:44 -0700

guineau@nature.MV.COM said:

>If you like the right mouse button pop-up menu feature, please say so and post
>to the CU-SeeMe mailing list. I think it is way-cool, but this feature is a
>small departure from the Mac program.

It's a big departure, given that Mac mice only have one button :-) Right
button, left button, it's all the same.

Changes in the user interfaces for Macintosh programs that don't correspond
with the Apple Human Interface Guidelines (now avail on CD-ROM as well as
in printed form) are *very* bad, as they lack what we call
"discoverability" and are difficult to remember.

Multiple mice buttons are a standard feature of the X Window System, and as
a user of GWM (Generic Window Manager) I really enjoyed the ability to have
four mice buttons all doing different things.