Re: Fraud and Authorship

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 20:51:27 -0700

At 5:53 PM 4/24/95, Grant Newland wrote:

>Regardless of the arrangement you made with the authors of CU-SeeMe at
>Cornell, and regardless of any license you might have paid for, you are
>not at liberty to claim authorship of any software that was largely
>developed before you came into the picture....

Why don't we let the hot-and-juicy lawyers paid for by Cornell University
and the CU-SeeMe Consortium deal with any alleged improprieties (or thefts)
by Joseph Kahan.

The only known cure for [Make Money Fast] is mass infusion of clues. |
Unfortunately, the clue refinement process is hideously expensive, and |
even then, the treatment is not 100% effective; for reasons that |
continue to baffle researchers, some individuals appear to be |
impervious to these injections. -- Taki Kogoma <quirk@unm.edu> |