Attn: Jeff: CU-SeeMe/QuickCam/PowerMac 7100AV Trouble Report

Joseph M. Izen (joe@utdallas.edu)
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 11:06:57 -0500

Jeff,
Please, if Connectix isn't interested in troubleshooting this, just say so and I promise I'll stop sending you bug reports. I've documented a few other users who are having the same problems, and it would be simple enough for someone on your Tech team to reproduce the problem. Is your company really interested in troubleshooting this problem? Would you prefer that PowerMAC/CU-SeeMe/QuickCam users having the PRAM zapping crash problem contact you directly?

> Reply to: RE>Attention: Jeff Re: RE>CU-SeeMe/QuickCam/PowerM
>Joe,
>After looking more into this problem we still have no other reports of this
>problem. Try removing everything except for the QuickCam inits and the TCP
>stuff.

Did you see below that I did do this already? I reproduced the problem right after upgrading to 7.5.1, and upgrading the QuickCam software.

Even if you leave the vanilla 7.5.1 stuff, something maybe damaged. If
>you still have the problem, pull out your "Fonts" and "Preferences" folder and
>place them on the desktop. Perhaps one of those is damaged.

This is a longshot, and you know it. I am willing to do go through the excercise if you promise me that someone at Connectix will try to reproduce the problem if the problem remains after pulling my fonts and preferences.

>Finally, CU-See Me is not our software to support. We get a great deal of
>questions about it, but it is written by Cornell University. Please direct
>those questions accordingly, to Cornell Unversity at cornell.edu.

Did you read my email, or just skim it? Did notice that I CC:'ed the CU-SeeMe team, and the CU-SeeMe listserver that they maintain? As I am doing for this message.

As I said in my last e-message, it is not clear whether the problem lies with the QuickCam software, with CU-SeeMe, or with MacOS. I'm just trying to collect info for the people who can understand the problem.

Best regards,
Joe Izen