Which blasters work with CU-SeeMe

Rich Kennerly (rbk1@cornell.edu)
Wed, 26 Apr 1995 11:50:45 -0400

Han,
Just recently I added a file called support.txt to the FTP server. I'm
sorry you had to hassle with this - our documentation leaves a lot to be
desired in a lot of ways. You can get support.txt (which is basically
Albert Foo's list of capture cards that do or don't work with CU-SeeMe)
from the FTP site now.
We hope to have the documentation in much better shape with the 0.65
release w/ audio soon.

-Rich Kennerly - <rbk1@cornell.edu> PC Windows CU-SeeMe developer

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 09:57:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Han Hung <hungh@wharton.upenn.edu>
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: Video Blaster

Hello all,

I just purchased the Video Blaster RT300 and found out this doesn't work
with CU-SEEME. The README.TXT doesn't say which Video Blaster works or
whether it's the old version or new version. In case no one knows what
I'm talking about Creative Labs has two models of Video Blaster, the
RT300 which is their high end model and the FS200 which is their low
end. The company I ordered the Video Blaster from didn't have the FS200
in stock so I told them to ship the RT300. Little did I know that it
wouldn't work. So I returned it and asked for the FS200.

The RT300 is based on the Intel Indeo chip which I suspect is the
culprit since CU-SEEME doesn't support Intel's video capture card.

Doesn't anyone know a little more which Video Blaster card works? If you
have a Video Blaster, which model is it, is it still being made and how
much does it cost? Thanks for your help.

Han

- -----
Han Hung, Systems Analyst
Wharton Computing and Information Technology
The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania

------- End of Forwarded Message