Re: Cu-Seeme and Appletalk?

Kevin Hoogheem (KAHOOGHE@rex.mnsmc.edu)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 11:58:20 GMT-6

>I may be way out of my depth in answering this, but if you have two
>isolated Macs connected together, couldn't you just install MacTCP on both
>and manually assign them with IP numbers? They won't be able to do
>anything else on the Internet (because of their isolation) but it seem to
>me you might be able to connect to each other using CU-SeeMe and their
>respective IP numbers...???

This would work yes, but if i remember right not even the older
version of MacTCP are public domain programs, I might be wrong
about this but I dont think so. If you ask me Appletalk support
would be great because there is also Appletalk for Windows and
since windows and Mac are the two forms of this program it would
be fitting for this to allow connections using Appletalk. The
main question is the speed that it needs to communicate and the load
your gonna put on the Appletalk network. But then again using this
on our Old 56k line slows down a lot of peoples Telent sessions any
way too
>Mike
>

>At 11:56 AM 4/26/95 -0400, harry noel wrote:
>>I was just curious if there is any way to run CU-Seeme over appletalk.
>
> * Standing Committee on
> *** Educational Technology:
> * * * Research & Communications
> * * * Mike Quinlan
> *** quinlan@camosun.bc.ca
> * WWW http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~quinlan/

Kevin Hoogheem St. Mary's College of Minnesota
kahooghe@rex.mnsmc.edu P.O. Box 1137
khooghee@marys.mnsmc.edu[NeXT] 700 Terrace Heights
PHONE (507)457-1969 Winona, MN 55987-1399
gopher2.mnsmc.edu 70+ goon@Perilous Realms