Re: Cu-Seeme and Appletalk?

Kevin Hoogheem (KAHOOGHE@rex.mnsmc.edu)
Fri, 28 Apr 1995 07:04:22 GMT-6

>Date sent: Thu, 27 Apr 95 13:29:55 PDT
>To: KAHOOGHE@rex.mnsmc.edu
>From: kjgroves@lbl.gov (Keith J. Groves)
>Subject: Re: Cu-Seeme and Appletalk?
>Copies to: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu

>Kevin,
> Your idea of connecting two isolated Macs is ok except that cu-seeme
>runs over an ip network only, I beleive, not Appletalk. To get this to
>function over Appletalk, you would need some device, such as a Kinectics
>Fastpath box which runs encapsulated Appletalk over IP by way of an
>ethernet connection. MacTCP is an ip driver which allows the assignment of
>a unigue addressing scheme to a host, in your case two Macintosh's.

Keith,
Dont want to sound rude here or anything but, My reply has nothing
to the Idea of connecting the two isolated, I did say it would
work if you put mactcp on the machines, in fact I dont think
would even need the fastpath box at all. If there was any
problems with not sending the Ip you could get a easy cheap
software solution, call MacIPGateway from Apple that sells for
if I remember right 99 dollars. This allows you great control
over a Ip networking scheme from what I have read about it.