Re: Different List options, please?

Price P C (pricepc@cosmail1.ctd.ornl.gov)
Sat, 29 Apr 1995 23:31:28 -0400 (EDT)

I am going to reply to the list because I believe this is an interesting
issue. When I select to reply to messages from the list now, the default
is to the individual. To post to the list, I need to either reply to all
recipients (the list is included as well as the individual) or delete the
individual's name and post only to the list.

I, too, am amazed at the volume of mail that this list generates!
However, I, personally, like seeing answers posted to the list. I save
many of the messages with replies containing solutions to problems I may
(but haven't yet) run into. Truthfully, that's one of the basic reasons I
stay subscribed to this list. Sometimes I have had the same problem as
someone posting to the list, but, because a reply wasn't sent back to the
list, I have had to try to track down who posted the original question and
either send a message to them asking if they ever received a reply or
repost the question myself.

Also, when I have answered people directly who have responded to a post, I
find I have to send several different mail messages multiple times,
because many people respond.

Posting a summary would be great if people would do it, but people are
very busy and once they have the answer they need they're off to other
things.

Using the list server itself to send out reflector information, etc. is a
great idea!!