Re: Secrets of the T1?

Steve Worden (sworden@access.digex.net)
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 09:55:49 -0400

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but at my office we have the same
problem. I do know that it is related to the fact that our system (SYSOP) is
does not/will not or cannot allow us to FTP using a FTP Client. (Using
Mosaic, Netscape, or Gopher FTP works ok. Every time you try and use an FTP
client, you can hook up to the FTP sit and than all stops. You sit there and
wait for hours (if you want) for it to read a directrory.

My CuSeeme client gets the same response as yours......Could these be related?

Steve

At 09:10 PM 4/29/95, Aaron L Dickey wrote:
>Until this past week I did my CU-SeeMe viewing the crappy, old-fashioned
>way: at home with a 14.4 dialup link. (Hey, I didn't say I did it
>WELL.) So I was understandably elated when we finally got some of the
>Macs at work connected to the T1. But, for some reason, we cannot get
>_anything_ video- or audio-related to work....not CU, not Maven, not
>anything. Whenever we run CU (or Maven, or NetPhone) and enter an IP
>address, it just doesn't take; all we get is a "no response" error.
>Everything else net-related works just fine...Netscape, Telnet, Eudora,
>all run smoothly.
>
>I'm not sure what other details to provide, because none of us have the
>least little clue why just these programs won't connect. Does anyone out
>there have any ideas as to some silly common mistake we might be making?
>
>__
>Aaron Dickey The Associated Press - New York
>kieran@interport.net HotWIRED Net Soup
>Standard disclaimers.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
sworden@access.digex.net; sworden@csc.com; sworden@netcom.com

I feel more like I do now than I did a little while ago!

-someone somewhere
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX