Re: CU-SEEME Chat Loss & future versions

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 13:39:32 -0600

Monty Seidler wrote:
> I am running a 14.4 modem,set at 38.6k, through Trumpet Winsock to my
> Organization's Server.(NMAA)I'm using CUSM ver 84b7.
> There are times when I can chat while Im sending or lurking on certain refs
> and no chat while Im sending on others. When I am in DC, everthing is fine.
> Ive noticed that others have problems with the chat feature as well. Any
> enlightenment? My settings are at 10min and 20 max, TX and RX.
>
> Im also wondering if there is a new release in the works.
> Thnx...Monty

Greetings:
You have a 14.4 modem and you're not connecting at 57.6 baud??? You're losing
out on 19,000 average bit tranfers per second (BPS)!!! Your transfer/receive
settings look good, so everything *should* work properly from YOUR end. I hope
the reflectors (or sites) your connecting to support the features you're using!
The "Message-Of-The-Day" (MOTD) of each reflector *usually* posts addresses
for Email questions. Maybe they can help, if not this mailing list!

Good luck,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"