Re: Modem setting

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 03 Apr 1996 20:06:02 -0600

EFPERRIN wrote:
> I am using a 28.8 USR sportster modem on the net and in particular with
> CUSEEME, Cornel version.
>
> When I log on to my server winsock says: 28,800/ARQ
>
> as my logon speed. What does the ARQ mean and is this the best
> configuration for CUSEEME, and for that matter, the internet.
>
> I hear about setting up at 57,600 and so on.
> What should I be telling the software to set the connection up at?
>
> Thanks for your help everyone.

Greetings:
The 57,600 baud rate was the highest a 14.4 modem will compress up to. Since
you have a 28.8 modem the rates can be as high as 115.2!!! To get a listing of
28.8 modem init strings, check <http://users.aimnet.com/~jnavas/modem/faq.html>
for details! This location has what you need!

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"