Re:WWW integration for CU-SeeMe ?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 06 Apr 1996 13:01:42 -0600

>Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 16:01:26 +0000
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Dieter Rueffler" <dieter@prz.tu-berlin.de>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: WWW integration for CU-SeeMe ?
>
>Hi,
>
>Is there a solution for WWW integration for CU-SeeMe ?
>
>- I want to build a consultant-pool catalogue,
> click on a face and open a talk.
>
>...something like a mime-type would be fine,
> linking the webbrowser to a CU-SeeMe conference setup file.
>
>Thanks
>Dieter

Check out John Lauer's GO-CU-SeeMe-GO program at

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~johnlaue/cuseeme/gocusmgo.htm

The following is straight from his web page:
----------------
This program will be configured as a viewer through Netscape, or whatever
browser you're using. The MIME file type used is "text" and the SubMIME
type is "cu-seeme". The extension used is ".csm".

Basically a CU-SeeMe auto link is a text file with a .csm extension. If
the HTTP server has a MIME type set up for files with .csm extensions you
can use a link like the one below to internetRADIO.

http://141.214.138.247/cuseeme/iradio.csm

Or an FTP link will work if the HTTP server can't be set up for the
MIME type because your viewer, i.e.
Netscape, will associate the .csm file extension...

ftp://www.umich.edu/~johnlaue/html/cuseeme/iradio.csm

The .csm text file contains two lines; the IP Address of the reflector
or personal site on the first line, and the
conference ID on the next like so:

141.214.138.248
0

This program will only work for Windows users. This should work fine for
people with static IP addresses.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe