Strange things

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 06 Apr 1996 23:05:58 -0600

>Date: Sat, 6 Apr 1996 16:18:10 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: k1oik@ccsnet.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Strange things
>
>Does anyone have the problem we some pictures come in fast and other
>slow or not at all?
>
>When I connected to the Cornell reflector I got a slow picture from a
>fellow in the West Indies then I connected DIRECTLY to him, got a much
>faster picture BUT I also got several others on the reflector. If I was
>connected directly to him, how did I get them?>
>
>I also notice that it appears not all my chat comments get through.
>
>Comment?
>Help?

Some refs are faster than others, depending on the version of reflector code
they are running, their connection to internet, and how many people are on
them. A direct connect will USUALLY be faster than a reflector, unless the
reflector is relatively empty.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe