Re: very low sound on cu-seeme

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 09:38:50 -0500

>Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 20:16:09 -0400
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Achawin Asavabhokin <achawin@eniac.seas.upenn.edu>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: very low sound on cu-seeme
>
>Hi,
>I tried using cu-seeme without camera on 28.8 and it was really bad. I
>can only hear few words from the whole sentence (I have half-duplex card
>so I wait for the other to stop talking first)
>Is this normal or something is wrong with my connection?
>Any response will be greatly appreciated,

This depends on:
the speed of your computer and your connection,
the speed of the SPEAKER's computer and THEIR connection,
the speed of the the version of CU-SeeMe you are using,
the version of the reflector program running at the site you connected to,
the number of people at the reflector,
the angle of the sun with respect to your longitude/latitude :-)

Actually, the latest White Pines client and reflector code make the audio
work much much better. You can get the client from
http://goliath.wpine.com/cu-seeme.html but the version of the reflector code
that a site is using is harder to determine.

Bill Ryan take note: The reflector software should automatically add the
ref version to the MOTD. This should be a simple thing to add.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.