Re: I'm a novice for CUSEEME

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:34:26 -0700

At 08:06 PM 4/10/96 -0400, Achawin Asavabhokin wrote:
>Hi,
>I tried using cu-seeme without camera on 28.8 and it was really bad. I
>can only hear few words from the whole sentence (I have half-duplex card
>so I wait for the other to stop talking first)
>Is this normal or something is wrong with my connection?
>Any response will be greatly appreciated,

Hello Acahawin,

I don't know what soundcard you are using, but if it is a soundblaster, then
Creative Labs has beta versions of its full-duplex drivers available for all
(recent) models of the card and for Windows3.1 as well as Windows95. You can
find this by doing a GO BLASTER in Compuserve, or (I assume) by accessing
their web page.

At least that gets rid of the frustration of half-duplex sound which, like a
walkie-talkie, is not up to the standard of "comfortable" speech.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.
Systems Consultant