RE: Full-duplex sound blaster card

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:52:51 -0700

At 09:49 AM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 05:15 PM 4/11/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>What is your opinion of Iphone's audio compared to CUSeeMe's? Is it
>>noticably better? (How could it be much worse! :)
>>

>Hi again, Dennis. I just thot I'd put in my $.02 here. I have used Iphone
>several times, tho in half duplex mode AND at 14.4, it was still MANY times
>better than the audio in CUSM. The sound was crisp and clear, although
>there was a small problem with long sentences. As long as you break up your
>conversation into shorter segments, it works very well at 14.4. I haven't
>tried it at 28.8 yet, but expect it to be even better.
>
>Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
>Squeek on Undernet IRC
>Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
>PC only, no MAC questions, please.
>http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/

Gosh Bill this is good news. THANKS for the info. I have been putting off
getting Iphone because much of my work is cross-platform (PC and Mac) and I
am waiting for a cross-platform solution.

But your information should be interesting to White Pine. Let's hope that CU
emerges as THE cross-platform video AND audio solution. That would be great.

And if Iphone works well at 14.4 just imagine what it might be like on
ISDN?!?! What is your opinion of ECU's audio. It does appear much better
than non-enhanced version. I've been running experiments on ISDN
connections, but I must say I am still very disappointed with audio performance.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.
Systems Consultant