Audio: ECU vs. Iphone

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 18:04:40 -0700

>It STILL sucks, tho, compared
to Iphone. You can only shove so much data down a 28.8 line.

Bill,

This is not the point. I have tried experiments with DIRECT connections (no
reflectors) between two nodes using ECU and both at ISDN speeds, and STILL
the audio sucks! That was very disappointing. And yes my experiments so far
with Iphone seem to indicate that its audio is far superior in every
respect, and at all speeds.

Regards,
Dennis

At 06:51 AM 4/13/96 -0500, Bill Woodland wrote:
>At 09:52 AM 4/12/96 -0700, you wrote:
><snip>
>> What is your opinion of ECU's audio. It does appear much better
>>than non-enhanced version. I've been running experiments on ISDN
>>connections, but I must say I am still very disappointed with audio
>performance.
>>

>If you use the ECU on a reflector using the latest WP ref code, the audio is
>MUCH better than on the old 4.03b refelctors. Their new code has cut down
>on the overhead quite a bit, and leaves more bandwidth for the audio/video.
>Try the WP reflector to see better results. It STILL sucks, tho, compared
>to Iphone. You can only shove so much data down a 28.8 line.
>
>Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
>Squeek on Undernet IRC
>Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
>PC only, no MAC questions, please.