Re:Iphone special deal via Compuserve

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 18:04:43 -0700

At 06:51 AM 4/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:52:51 -0700
>>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>>From: "Dennis J. Streveler" <strev@mobius.net>
>>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>>Subject: Iphone special deal via Compuserve
>>

>>To those who want to add Iphone to their arsenal of Internet applications,
>>and to use Iphone in conjunction with CUSeeMe, I just noticed that VocalTec
>>is offering it for $19.95 via Compuserve download (GO VOCALTEC). This sounds
>>like a good deal. Maybe White Pine should consider offering their software
>>this way as well?
>>
>>I've just downloaded my copy and will report in a few days regarding the
>>quality of the audio which I experience with it.
>>
>>--Dennis
>>

>Does Vocaltech have a web page where I can get to this? I refuse to pay the
>high prices to Compuserve for access to stuff that I can find elsewhere.
>The same goes for AOL, Delphi, Genie, etc. I pay $20 per month to my ISP
>for unlimited hours, and suggest that anyone else using one of these
>glorified BBSs close their account and get a REAL ISP.
>
>Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
>Squeek on Undernet IRC
>Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
>PC only, no MAC questions, please.
>http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/

To be honest Bill I dunno. You can try the vocaltec home page
www.vocaltec.com, but as far as I know, the "special deal" is a Compuserve
exclusive. I think the last time I looked at a Iphone box at CompUSA it was
$49.95 there. Quite a difference. Goes a long way to paying for the download
time, which in my case (for 1.2MB) was about six minutes.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.
Systems Consultant