Re:Windows 95 reflector program

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 00:22:43 -0500

>Date: Sat, 13 Apr 1996 10:53:33 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: richard@gcwp.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>

>Hello,
>I am using a reflector on my win95 os is works well but has several
>of the features removed, or maby not allowed to work, like max-senders
>and max-lurkers, but it works fine, and is very reliable.
>are there any updates out there for windows95,??
>Thanks
>richard@gcwp.com

The latest from the UCSC people can be found at this URL:

ftp://ugate.ucsc.com/pub/

There is a 16 bit AND a 32 bit version in the file wreflect.zip. Do NOT get
the one named wreflect.zip.old as it is only the 16 bit version. The web
page shows the date on it to be Feb 22 of 1996, but it's actually 1995 (the
guy that set it up told me his web server puts the current year on
everything). Unfortunately, this version still doesn't support the items
you mentioned.

There is another reflector program for Windows NT at this URL:

http://tis_www.thepoint.net/staff/Arlie/Reflect-NT/

The release notes say:"It also runs on Win95, for now, but probably will not
always."

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe