Re: Audio: ECU vs. Iphone

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 10:16:43 -0500

>Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 21:23:10 +0000
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Leslie McClure" <leslie@mail.unicom.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Audio: ECU vs. Iphone
>
>> >Right. I gotcha there. I wonder what the Iphone people know about audio
>> >compression that the CU people DON'T know. Would be nice if the two could
>> >join forces, or at least share their codecs.
>

>Will some of the I-Phone fanatics tell me where I can find an I-Phone
>that will cross platforms so I can talk to my fiancee who has a
>Mac!!!
>At least I can see her and write messages to her with my ECU.
>Mother,mother ocean, I've heard your call
>Wanted to sail upon your waters
>Since I was three feet tall.... Jimmy Buffett

At http://www.vocaltech.com I saw a place link to get a MAC version, but
when I clicked on it, it said:

VOCALTEC ANNOUNCES MAC VERSION OF INTERNET PHONE(TM)

A BETA VERSION WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON, REGISTER BELOW TO GET YOUR
EVALUATION COPY

I would suggest that you go ahead and register for this, so you can get one
of the first beta copies to try out. The press release was dated January 8,
1996, so there is no telling when the product will actually become available.

Good luck!

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe