Re: CU via AOL ??

FGPitts@aol.com
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 22:27:13 -0400

In a message dated 96-04-15 18:03:27 EDT, HHEichel@aol.com writes:

>Hello,
>has anyone succeeded to use CU on a temporary internet access
>through AOL?
>I have a 28.8 kBd modem and use a special WINSOCK.DLL in
>addition to AOL software that allows me to run Netscape and
>IPHONE. If IPHONE accepts this internet path why not CU?
>Thanks for your help and best regards,
>Hans Eichel, Braunschweig, Germany.

Hi
I have been using Cornell's CU and WhitePines CU for a few weeks now.
To use CU through a on-line servise, you first need the servise winsock.
such as AOL winsock in your dos path. The only problem is that AOL gives
you a different address each time you sign on.
Whitepines CU will show your address in the main window.

drop me a note on how it works out.

Fred(FGPitts@aol.com)