Re: PC-to-PC CU-SeeMe connection

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 21:41:07 -0500

rravindr@indyunix.iupui.edu wrote:
> I do have trumpet winsock version 2.0b. I do have modem us robotics.
> Could you give me some more information as to how I could go about doing
> what you said is possible and is being implemented by some folks like you.
> Hoping to hear from you
> Ram

Greetings:
What you need to do is configure both ends, as you're using Trumpet WinSock,
things will be *easier* for me. Set up your sites as follows (example):

LOCAL REMOTE
IP NUMBER: 192.0.0.2 192.0.0.1
GATEWAY: 192.0.0.1 192.0.0.2
DNS: 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1
DOMAIN: "cu.see.me" "cu.see.me"
PROTOCOL: SLIP/CSLIP/PPP SLIP/CSLIP/PPP

On the REMOTE machine, you will need to use the "manual dial" submenu, and
issue the "Hayes" command to auto-answer (I think it's "AT S1=3", but check it).
On the LOCAL machine, you will need to use the "manual dial" submenu, and
issue the "ATDT ###-####" dialing sequence.
When both sides connect, both sides will need to press the [Esc] key to start
the network connection. The PROTOCOL is your choice, but both sides MUST use
the SAME protocol!!!

Good luck and let me know how it works,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"