Re: bypassing internet

Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:26:59 -0500

elliot smith wrote:
> To use cusee-me without the Interet, but through modems, if one or both of
> the computers is a Mac, it is possible for a Mac to emmulate an ISP with
> the MacPPP PPP client software, as described in my easy-PPP setup guide,
> availaible at my home page.
>
> http://admin.gat242.misu.nodak.edu/

Greetings:
I'm a "WinDOZE" and MSDOS person (not a "MAC-man"), so I cannot help you with
the software specifics. As far as anything else is concerned, you *should* be
able to setup this MAC-to-MAC (or PC-to-PC) using the same methods and theories
previously mentioned. Problem is in finding a PPP-emulator that will allow for
manual dialing!!!

Hope this helps,

PHONE: (JOB) HUN-TING "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"