Re: Hams and CUSEEME

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:55:32 -0500

>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 19:03:19 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: George Price <porge@avana.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Hams and CUSEEME
>
>k1oik@ccsnet.com wrote:
>>
>> Are there any hams that I could use CUSEEME with at the same time we are
>> on the air? Maybe I will finally find a use for ham radio.
>
>Yes, I am N4ZCX in Atlanta. I also have a question:
>
>Is there any way I can type in a "nickname" instead of a numeric address?
>For instance, "MTV.somewhere.cool" instead of 206.64.190.25? How do I
>find out what nickname to use?
>--
>Of the 21 politicians who voted on OUR side against
>Internet censorship, only 1 was a Republican.
>When you vote, remember what the GOP thinks of our
>First Amendment rights.

Check the CUSEEME.MRU file in the REFLECTOR section of my web page. Ths
file is a list of public reflectors from John Becker at Cornel. The DNS is
the nickname that you are looking for. For example:

Target2=129.219.145.149 ! ASU Geology {???}
;Reflector Name: Arizona State University, Department of Geology
;Location: Arizona State University, Department of Geology
;Contact: Douglas A. Howard <d.howard@asu.edu>
;Web Page: daisy.la.asu.edu/geopage.html
;DNS: daffy.la.asu.edu
;Last Response: 4/9/96
;Comments: Public, for private conferences & Mars Global Surveyor

In this case you would use daffy.la.asu.edu for the nickname.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.