Re:How do I "call" people on cuseeme?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 11:07:17 -0500

>Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:52:48
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: ahfc@gnn.com (Stacy McCaskill)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: How do I "call" people on cuseeme?
>
>How do I get a list of reflector addresses/numbers? Or how do I
>get a list of people who have Cu-Seeme capability? I would like to
>use CU-SEEME between my office in the USA and my factory in China.
>I am set up and ready to go here in the USA and would like to test
>this product out but don't know how to dial into anyone?
>
>I don't even know how to find my own number so that someone else
>can dial into me?
>
>Can anyone explain to me how this works???
>
>Puzzled? Thanks...Stacy McCaskill

1. http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/reflect.htm
2. no one has an accurate count of this. There is a page with a CU phone
book at:
http://vanpsych.usc.edu/reflectors/directory.html
3. You have to enter their IP address while they actually have CU-SeeMe
running. To connect to a REFLECTOR you enter the IP address or the DNS name
for it.

Try http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/cuguide.htm for some illustrated instructions.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC