Re:Strange

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 20 Apr 1996 21:01:00 -0500

>Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 08:46:36 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: k1oik@ccsnet.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Strange
>
>When I try and call someone DIRECT that I see on a reflector I usually
>wind up back on the reflector I just signed off of. Why?
>
>Once or twice I actually connected direct.
>
>Burt Fisher
>===========================
>http://www.ccsnet.com
>telnet://ccsnet.com
>Cape Cod's Internet Address
>===========================

Before connecting to their IP address, wait a minute or two for the data to
stop flowing to your computer. The other person should do the same.

FYI: NEVER connect directly to someone else without their prior knowledge
and consent. Cornell's PC version does not have the ability to refuse these
connections, and it will knock them off of a reflector if you try to connect
to them directly.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe