Re:QuickCam Extension Cord

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 01:22:00 -0500

>Date: Sun, 21 Apr 96 01:03 EDT
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: wknauss@fast.net
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: QuickCam Extension Cord
>
>Does anyone know if there is a way to rig up an extension cord for the
QuickCam?
> How about a standard 10' parallel printer cable? Would that do it?
>
>Someone told me that the QuickCam needs to have data flowing in both
directions
>(to the system and back) so instead of a printer cable it would need a
>"peripheral cable". Have never of this unless it's just a generic name for
>something more specific.
>
>So does anyone know of a way to purchase and install an extension cord for the
>QuickCam? I'm on a PC, not a MAC.
>
>Bill Knauss (wknauss@fast.net)

I spoke to Connectix about this a few months ago. If you get a standard
db25 male to female cable, it should work just fine. I believe they said
there is a limit on the length of the cable, though, of about 15 feet.
Don't forget, you will also need an extension cable for the POWER cord going
to the keyboard port.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe