Re: [W] Color QuickCam?

Dennis J. Streveler (strev@mobius.net)
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:03:03 -0700

At 10:23 AM 4/23/96 -0400, SteveSmith@aol.com wrote:
>Does anybody have the scoop on the Color QuickCam for Windows and the
>procedure to upgrade from the B&W? I've tried several times using 3
>different ISP's to browse their web site (www.connectix.com), but cannot get
>a decent response. Their connection to the Internet must be two tin cans and
>a string!
>
>Steve Smith, CNE
>Byte One, Inc.

Hello Steve,

First, there is no Color QC for Windows (yet). Just for Mac. No "official"
word of when the Windows version will be released.

As for the Mac version, the current price is $229, with a $30 rebate offer
for "early adopters". There is no official "upgrade" offer, but there is a
$60 rebate offered to currently registered users of the b&w QC. Thus, the
rebated price is $169. Quite a good deal I must say.

Regards,
Dennis

------------------------------------
Dennis J. Streveler, Ph.D.