Re:Space Time Local requires some help..

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 10:23:00 -0500

>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 96 21:22 EET
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Schwann <schwann@aztec.co.za>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Space Time Local requires some help..
>
>Time is not linear anymore..
>
>it is circular..
>
>this is why some of us seek validation of the global mind
>by further interaction through CuSeeMe..
>
>now i have a video camera and a Pentium 120 and enough RAM and memory etc..
>
>simply put,
>
>do i have to buy anything else?

How about a watch? :-)

What kind of video camera? Do you have a capture board in the pc to connect
it to? Doesn the capture card work with CU-seeMe? Check the COMPAT.TXT
file from http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/PC.CU-SeeMeCurrent.html for info on
capture cards that are supported.

>how do i connect the camera to your timelines?

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand the question. For an illustrated
guide to how to use CU-seeMe for Windows, check http://www.realtime.com/~wcw

>i've been told that the $150 minicams work through the printer port but will
>a video camera work like this as well?

Connectix Quickcam works wonderfully, and yes, it connects to the parallel
port. See above about connecting the video camera.

>is there a gizmo which will allow interface that does not cost mucho $'s?
>
>i know that a video blaster will prolly do it but that costs dineros.... :)
>
>any suggestions?
>
>is it easier just to buy the minicam for $150 than to hassle with matching
>old and new tek? (though the idea is somewhat appealing)
>
>many thanks for considering my words...
>
>best,
>
>schwann-cyber-shaman
>
>http://aztec.co.za/users/schwann/webflash.html