RE: Test Reflector's received video versus Local Video

atnos@ibm.net
Thu, 25 Apr 96 09:02:31 PDT

>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 11:24:59 -0500
>From: Bill Woodland <wcw@bga.com>
>To: CU-SeeMe-L@Cornell.Edu
>Subject: Re: Why am I not able to connect to any reflector

>At 01:17 PM 4/21/96 -0500, Ram S. Ravindran wrote:
>>I am just going crazy because I am not able to connect to any reflector
>data through the modem, so you can adjust the transmit and receive speed >as high as you want for this testing. Be sure to set them back down >when through!
>Let me add, however, that the White Pine version does not work when
>connecting to this IP address.

I use an Enhanced CU-SeeMe version 2.0.1 from White Pine and surprisingly the test reflector works with mine. I have tried it twice successfully by calling the IP 127.0.0.1. The reflected image was so precisely similar to the local video that it made me suspicious whether it is really a reflected image that I am receiving?

>Instead, use the "Connect to Self" option, which does the same thing, >but internally.

In my White Pine version 2.0.1, I couldn't find this "Connect to Self" menu/option. I wonder whether a previous version has this menu/option?

Best regards, Frans Djiwatampu
Jakarta, Indonesia.
E-mail: atnos@ibm.net
Date: 04/25/96 ; Time: 09:02:31