Re: Why Can't I hear my audio

chuck elliot (C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 11:30:19 +0100

If you are using a sound card which is not full-duplex
(e.g. SB16) then you can't transmit and receive sound at the same
time. If you connect to a reflector which is set up for 'self-reflect' (e.g.
143.52.51.15)
then you can hear an 'echo' of your own output sometimes.
Otherwise, connect to someone else to test it.

Chuck.

At 05:41 25/04/96 -0400, you wrote:
> I am currently running Windows 95 on a Pentium 133. I am using the
>Cornell version of CU-SEE-ME and can't hear my audio. I have tried using
>127.0.0.1 and recieve my video just fine using the connectix Quick Cam. Any
>help or suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to Email me direct if
>you would like
>Robert Keane
>rkeane3@mail.erols.com
>ASE Certified Master Technician
>L1 Certified
>Professional Automotive Instructor
>
>The opinions expressed by me are soley mine. Take them or leave them.

Chuck Elliot
Sheffield Hallam University UK
tel. 0114 2533135: fax. 0114 2533161
email C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk