RE: Why Can't I hear my audio

William Wilson (wwilson@GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:17:48 -0500

You can get full duplex drivers for the SB16 from Creative via the WEB. =
Don't remember the address right now but you can search for their web =
site and follow the prompts to the files.

----------
From: chuck elliot[SMTP:C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 1996 5:30 AM
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Why Can't I hear my audio

If you are using a sound card which is not full-duplex
(e.g. SB16) then you can't transmit and receive sound at the same
time. If you connect to a reflector which is set up for 'self-reflect' =
(e.g.
143.52.51.15)
then you can hear an 'echo' of your own output sometimes.=20
Otherwise, connect to someone else to test it.

Chuck.

At 05:41 25/04/96 -0400, you wrote:
> I am currently running Windows 95 on a Pentium 133. I am using =
the
>Cornell version of CU-SEE-ME and can't hear my audio. I have tried =
using
>127.0.0.1 and recieve my video just fine using the connectix Quick Cam. =
Any
>help or suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to Email me direct =
if
>you would like
>Robert Keane =09
>rkeane3@mail.erols.com=09
>ASE Certified Master Technician
>L1 Certified=09
>Professional Automotive Instructor=20
>=20
>The opinions expressed by me are soley mine. Take them or leave them.

Chuck Elliot
Sheffield Hallam University UK
tel. 0114 2533135: fax. 0114 2533161
email C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk