Re:Does anyone know :)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:28:18 -0500

>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 08:03:45 -0700
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: James Crittenden <jamesc3@ix.netcom.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Does anyone know :)
>
>Dear Cuseeme buddies:
>
>Anyone know the ideal setup for Cuseeme version. I am running a 60 Mhz
>pentium. I change the transmissions and receptions constantly based on
>traffic and i think that messes with the transmissions of some of the sites.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>James

Your transmit and receive settings should be set according to your modem
speed, not the reflector you are connected to. For a 28.8 modem, use 28 max
on both. For a 14.4 connecting at 19.2 use 19 for both. For ISDN use 56 or
so. For ethernet, use 300k for receive and 80 for transmitting. That
should be fast enough for just about anything.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.