Re:please HELP !!!!!

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:28:25 -0500

>Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 21:43:27 +-200
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Vince <vince@cray2.unisoft.fr>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: please HELP !!!!!
>
>Hello
>
>I am often looking at NasaTV with CUSeeMe but I have 2 major troubles.
>It is mainly with the sound. I have a PC Pentium 75 Mhz with a 64Kbs
>line connected to Internet.
>1. I can not hear the sound all the time. There are long period when
>I can see people speaking and no sound is coming.
>2. When the sound is coming, there is a kind of echo which makes
>a speech ununderstandable. I assume it is when the transfer rate
>is suddenly poor.
>I am almost sure it is a configuration problem but i can not fix it.
>I am running windows95.
>
>Does anybody have an idea ?
>Thanks for replying.
>
>siou
>diagonal@mail.unisoft.fr

Make sure you have the right drivers for your sound card. Use the latest
White Pine version of CU-seeMe for best audio results. At 64k speeds, set
your receive max setting to 64 to receive as much as possible.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.