Re: Enhanced CU-SeeMe Mac Beta Available Now - Free

Darrell Kitchen (dakitchen@ntr.net)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 14:22:12 -0600

Stephen A. Stiner wrote:

> >>It's here..............Enhanced CU-SeeMe for Mac - THE FINAL BETA!
> >

> >So far IT ROCKS!....I will put it though some good strong tests tomorrow.
> >[I'd do it tonight but my daughter wants to go home] I'll let you know
> >what happens.
>
> I've been putting it through some strong tests for a couple of weeks. The
> first beta crashed on me a lot, but this beta seems to be pretty stable.
> And... I love it!
>
> Stephen
>
> Stephen A. Stiner | Phone: (423) 974-6839
> Sr. Design Technician | Fax: (423) 974-4115
> The University of Tennessee | E-mail: sas@utk.edu
> Chemical Engineering and |
> Materials Science & Engineering |
> 419 Dougherty Engineering Building |
> Knoxville, TN 37996-2200 |

So far the new Enhanced Version of CU-SeeMe for the Mac (supporting
color) has done nothing but crash my mac. Several times it allowed me to
connect to a reflector, but abruptly kicked me off and wouldn't allow me to
reconnect to that site again. It didn't give me any error messages, or tell
me that I was doing anything wrong, it reported that the reflector site was
not responding (BULL#@%^)! When I went back to the previous version
of CU-SeeMe, it worked fine. I was able to connect, as I should, and didn't
crash/or kick back.

I am using the Color QuickCam on a 601RISC PowerMac.

Any thought's on this, anyone?