Re:Enhanced CU-SeeMe

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 20:27:41 -0500

>Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:29:44 +1000
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: jfonhof@zeta.org.au (john fonhof)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Enhanced CU-SeeMe
>
>I downloaded the enhanced CU-SeeMe version cu201W16.exe from White Pine
Software

>It clearly states it is for 30 evaluation with the expiration date being
>August 31, 1996
>
>When I try to install it it will ask for:
>name
>company
>serial number
>
>Why a serial number if it is a 30 day demo version
>What is it or where is it available
>
>John Fonhof

You MUST get a serial number from their site to use it. The serial number
is good for 30 days. When the 30 days runs out, if you pay for the
software, they give youa real serial number to enter which makes the
software work again. That's just the way they did it.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.