Re: Hello and two questions

Alex Watson (alex@pathfinders.com)
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 14:01:10 -0500 (CDT)

ISDN for CUSEEME is still not good enough for live videoconferencing, at
least not where hand signals must be smooth. Audio on the other hand,
seems to be the only smooth factor with ISDN at 128k using CUSEEME, video
is still jerky. This depends greatly on the bottlenecks of the
internet! Once I get past Sprint's HUB for kansas City, my packet loss
goes way up! Only at 4am will I get good enough throughput.

Wait for cable TV to provide internet service. I had big hopes for ISDN,
but am disappointed. Most of the time, my throughput is not much
better than having a 28.8k modem.

alex