RE:DEVICE ALREADY IN USE

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 22:54:05 -0500

>Date: Wed, 01 May 1996 00:49:34 GMT
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: gpl@henry.net (George P Lois)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: DEVICE ALREADY IN USE
>
>Sometimes, when I'm online with my Quickcam and CuSeeme, my Win95
>screen freezes up and the only solution left is to close the program.
>When I open it back up, my image has disappeared from my Quickcam
>window and a message pops up:"Device already in use".
>
>I have to get offline and reboot my system to get my Quickcam to work
>again. Strange!
>
>Am I alone?
>

>George
>gpl@henry.net

Not at all. Wnever a program like CU-SeeMe crashes, all of the devices that
it was using don't get closed correctly, so Windows thinks they are still in
use. As far as I know, restarting Windows is the only way to clear this.
If anyone else knows of another way, PLEASE tell us all!

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
PC only, no MAC questions, please.