Re: Two IP Address HELP!

Yazz D. Atlas (devnull@bellatlantic.net)
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 06:24:29 -0500

Wingate should not make any difference. The machine running Wingate would
also be the machine dialing in and making the connection. I don't really
care about having the other machines on MY local network being able to see
the Internet via Wingate. Which is what from I can tell all that Wingate
really does is set up a proxy system to allow defined port pass data from an
internal network to the Internet through the machine running Wingate. I've
used Wingate in the past and see no reason for it to correct such a problem.

Its a matter of telling Cu-SeeMe to use the Dynamic IP over my Static IP
somewhere in the TCP/IP stack being sent out to the reflector I belive. I
don't think any simple fix is out there. I could be wrong.

The people who created Cornell 0.90b1 and White Pines 2.1.1x might want to
see if they can reproduce my error mesg. I would love to use this program
but can not see investing in something that does not work correctly.

I know the Cu-SeeMe software works since I setup a reflector on my local
network and viewed the logs. It worked fine and used the right IP
(192.168.0.10 my local Static IP). I was also connected to the Internet at
the same time and could not connect to an outside reflector. It sent out the
Dynamic IP but seemed to be looking for the Static IP on the trip back from
the reflector.
[cut from reflect.log]
Client at source 207.159.81.XXX is opening a connection
Client's network address does not agree with protocol address 192.168.0.10

Its grabing my Static IP somewhere from within the UDP packet.

No other programs I have seem to have any problems dealing with the Dynamic
IP and the Static IP setup I have. I can telnet into my local network just
a well as telneting to a remote site. I don't know of any programs the use
UDP off the top of my head but if you do I would love to see if they can
deal with the setup I have.

--Yazz Atlas

>Maybe, but i'm not 100% sure that Wingate will handle UDP traffic, which I
>think CU-SeeMe needs...
>- Steven Bolbot
>

>>Sound like a job for WinGate
>>http://www.deerfield.com/wingate/
>>
>>...ken
>>
>>----------
>>> From: Yazz D. Atlas <devnull@bellatlantic.net>
>>> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>>> Subject: Re: Two IP Address HELP!
>>> Date: Wednesday, April 02, 1997 12:32 AM

>>time

>>> System: (forgot to add this to the last post sorry)
>>> Win 95
>>> 166 Pentium MMX
>>> 48 RAM
>>> 4 gig